Monday, June 08, 2009
A perfect match.... Apart from ms that is.
Jen and myself are really happy. A family. We have a dog which act's like she is our little girl so we can say family really.

Yes ms is still rampant in my body but it doesn't effect our life to much.... I hope it stays away for a time. I have never been happier and stress free. It might have something to do with this gap in treatment.

I have had a visit to my new neuro who has taken me off Tysabri with earnest and requested I have a MRI to see where the situation lies. There has been no mention of future treatment as yet, so don't ask. He did say that I shouldn't have been on it as I am high risk of developing PML. The whole 'smurf blood' history does not play well with Tysabri they have found... Some deaths type situ.

Well this is just a short note to say hi and to tell you all that we are fine. Happy and married... Just over 6 months.... Yey. I am not leaving this woman if I can help it. I love her so much and it's still getting better each day.

I found my claim to fame.... I knew someone who went on Big brother 7.... And that is it.

Stay well,
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 10:32 am  
5 Comments:
  • At 4:41 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    So great to hear that your living life in such a good way! Your new daughter is sooo lovely! Congrats :) thats pretty crazy to hear about Tysabri for you. You must be happy having this new neuro who sounds pretty up on your care.

    Hey... why don't you apply to be on Big brother!? hahahah you could be the gimpy MSer that wins it all!

     
  • At 3:15 pm, Anonymous Carla said…

    Hi,

    I have a question. I am on Tysabri and you mentioned you have 'smurf blood'. What do you mean by it? My fingers turn blue from a condition called acrocyanosis. Is this what you are referring to?

     
  • At 5:34 pm, Blogger personallog! said…

    Sorry to say smurf blood =(Mitoxantrone)is the blue medication I have had in the past. Because of this drug, I have been taken off Tysabri. Acrocyanosis sounds bad. I hope your going to be ok.

    Dave

     
  • At 2:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thankfully, Acrocyanosis is not a serious condition. It's more cosmetic, some women take medication for it because they are bothered by it. My hands are not blue very often. I just had my 4th infusion of Tysabri - my neurologist feels it's the best fit for me right now. I am very active and continue to work out (including hot yoga) without a problem. I was diagnosed a year ago, I didn't know I had MS, I thought my flare ups were from a pinched nerve or sore muscles only to find out I've had MS for about 15 years. Thank you for your blog – your outlook and attitude are contagious! I will keep up with your progress. Take good care.

     
  • At 9:43 pm, Blogger Herrad said…

    Hi Dave,
    Hope you are doing well and most important that you and your partner are happy.
    Have a good week.
    Love,
    Herrad

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives