Tuesday, July 18, 2006
A mention for a friend!
We all have dreams....well dont we. If anyone can help this dude Carlos for the ms express(and the three legged dog!awwwww) Please click here! The ms express diserves a break as we all do. Pop in and say hi!
For the last five years, Carlo has been planning this incredible journey. Having to cancel it twice due to health issues, Carlo is determined to make it happen in 2006. Following an official send-off in Anacortes from Mayor Dean Maxwell and a “great escape” celebration in Burlington, Carlo will make his way to Safeco Field, home of the Seattle Mariners, for his first official stop along the MS Express. After throwing out the first pitch at the June 5, 2006 game against Kansas City, Carlo will begin his six-month journey, traveling along the northern United States to New York City. In addition to assistance dog Katie, Carlo will be accompanied by long-time friend Dan Townsend and his dog Emma in a 36 foot handicapped accessible RV, donated by Foley RV and Freedom Roads RV two of Carlo’s many generous sponsors.

As he travels across the country, Carlo will make keynote stops as the Ambassador for Accessibility Issues on behalf of the City of Anacortes (Washington). With the goal of raising awareness for handicapped accessibility, Carlo will make official visits with city officials, store owners, civic groups, community organizations, and others afflicted with chronic diseases or disabilities. He will gather information, ideas and design standards from ADA compliant communities to share with the City of Anacortes and its Barrier Busters committee. In addition, this information will be available free of charge to interested individuals, organizations and communities at The Spirit of Hope Foundation’s sister site Able Neighbor.

Yesturday was a nightmare for me. Sweaty death on toast....but I have a shop in now so it was worth it. Its so hot.....
******Marvin Gaye:I wish it would rain******
Jen is coming today and I am going to cook to celebrate a 1 year anniversary.....We all have challenges but I know we have more focus then anyone to get things done. Good luck Carlos and good luck to me too! Good luck to us all!

Hope you are all well
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 8:41 am  
3 Comments:
  • At 3:26 pm, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    And a bad kind of sweat too! I need to punch air-holes in my deep freeze so I have someplace to sleep.

     
  • At 5:27 pm, Blogger Jaime said…

    Hey this guy is from just north of where I am. Good luck to him! Thanks for bringing our attention to this!

    Happy Anniversary! Have fun.

    Take care and stay cool!

    Jaime

     
  • At 10:45 am, Blogger personallog! said…

    I can't believe I just had to put on Marvin Gaye on to get so many women to leave a note!hehe! Thanks to everyone for leaving messages and its great to see you all here! I hope you have all gone to see Carlos and can supported if possible!

    Dave

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives