Sunday, January 30, 2005
Impaired!
Looked up a new word to describe what I am going through, I have an impairment, rather than 'I am disabled'!
The concise Oxford dictionary:

Impair: damage or weaken. n. impairment

I am Defective. Having a defect. Imperfect maybe!

Tell me someone who isn't! Maybe thats the key! Stop looking for the faults, execpt them and get on with it!
Well My g/f is going on a walk for ms, sponsored walk to raise money for the ms society. Dead proud! Even if she will be away for a weekend! She is doing this with a group from her work 18 of them!

what have I done.........raised a tenner(£10). I would do the walk but I am impaired!

The circus....by the way. Was great! I you get a chance to see them go and take the kids! We went with my parents and my Nana, she has wanted to see them all her life. Gobsmakingly great fun for all the familly! The acrobats wernt impaired in the slightest! I thought some of them had bendy bones but not impaired at all!

Thank you all for your suggestions yesterday on how to raise some funds.....lh will do!
Might need some more idea's tho! Just the idea's please!

Hope everyone is ok!

posted by personallog! @ 11:26 am  
4 Comments:
  • At 12:33 am, Blogger Erik said…

    Impairment vs. Disability is just semantics, at least in my opinion. I personally use the terms interchangeably, there are certainly degrees of impairment and disability. I tend to use the term "disabilty" with myself when I am trying to evoke an emotional response, and impairment when I'm not shooting for that. For instance I rank a 2.0 on the EDSS which is certainly a "disability."

     
  • At 2:05 am, Blogger Eriksgirl said…

    We went to Cirque du Soleil a few years ago and it really was amazing what the acrobats can do!

    Just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday.

    Sorry again about the advice...

    Brandy aka Eriksgirl

     
  • At 11:19 pm, Blogger personallog! said…

    dont worry about the advice eriks girl we are still together and working towards the 'married' thing one day. not just us yet maybe! I respt everyones dession to do it if its right.....but you know.....we are still smiling!

    I dont want to sound crap to the comment above that one but isnt that a bit underhanded, bit miss leading or even dishonest maybe! We all deal with things in are own way I suppose....!

     
  • At 4:16 pm, Blogger personallog! said…

    I think I score 2.0 in edss but might have to correct that when it gets further along the line...you all know what I mean. When people ask me how I am doing I say "not dead yet" and smile broadly!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives