Thursday, July 20, 2006
Reiki therapy a first hand account.....
The idea that an alternative therapy would help with ms pain was worrying to be honest. But I have wanted to get something that didnt take medication or drugs to help. When I found out that my sister was looking into reiki healing I thought it might be a phase or something and wanted to see what she could do. Last time I was at my parents my sister was there and both my parents said I should try it as they thought it was pretty cool and may help. I knew a little of reiki having read up on the internet and I was interested. Some people have said its just relaxing, crazy beatnick hocus pocus but I couldnt make an opinion without trying it. I trust and love my sister so I felt comfortable with her.....so why not?

The first time took about an hour, I lay down and listened to the music in the partly darkened room. Sweet smelling incence was burning in the corner of the room and I started to relax and the tremors, that is usual, slowly ebbed away. My sister was talking to me all the time, she didnt need me to feel relaxed just normal conversation really. We hadn't seen each other for some time and were catching up. She came round the top of the bed and put her hands over my head. Placed her hands on my face. I smiled and started to laugh. She laughed too and kept her hands in place. I closed my eyes and let her get to work. She changed the placing of her hands to the side of my head, then over my ears, then over my neck. Her hands were starting to feel warm and I have no idea what she was doing. As she moved over my body I asked her why she was placing her hands in certain area's. She told me about chakra's and points were my Chi was being blocked. I know a bit about Chi as I have read Joels blog on tia chi and ms and understand that there are bits about the human body that the docs dont know. Once she had finished one side of my body as asked me to turn over after taking a drink of water. I was really thirsty. She started at my head again and moved down my back towards my feet. Her hands were really hot but not uncomfortable, quite relaxing. I noticed pain had stopped through my body but didnt want to place all my hope on it so didnt say anything. You dont want to tempt fate when it happens do you! I did feel relaxed.....No, I would say hyper relaxed. She finished with my feet and felt I would go to sleep if I didnt want to know more about what she thought about what happens. We talked for about 15 minutes afterwards and she told me where I had pain and where she could feel it!!!!!Woah!!!! She was spot on! Over the next three days I spent 2 more seasons with her..... If I am honest I cant wait for the next time.

I even felt that my walking improved for a couple of hours after the second season. Look I dont want to say go out and do this, Its not going to be for everyone. there are going to be people out there who want your cash. So dont go out there and spend your money with just anyone! I love it and want more......Woah wierd, she just emailed me!lol! Anyway for a first alternative therapy I have tried.....Its a winning one for me! She gave me a website where she got information for courses and a bit more about Reiki! Click here if you want to see: http://www.holisticonline.com/Reiki/hol_Reiki_home.htm

Hope you are all well!
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 8:49 am  
3 Comments:
  • At 10:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the mention hun I'm glad reiki helps you and I look forward to doing it again, soon. love you. xx

     
  • At 2:26 pm, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    Odd, I've heard of something like this back in the early 90's but ... at the time ... was not DX so thought my ailments were typical.

     
  • At 7:26 pm, Blogger Jaime said…

    Thanks for posting this! It is always great to hear of alternative things that help. I think it would be worth it to see if anyone in my area does this!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives