Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Just watched a really scary stem cell research detail on bbc 1...
You can see a podcast of the show here! click here and download the show. Please do listen or watch.

I was really worried about stem cell therapy before but now there is no way I want this therapy! The companies that do this are under FBI investagation and...this bit scares me as the company who feture in the show RANG ME!..They cant be relied on to give you something that is HUMAN! The show confirmed for me that I would not do this untill my government does further testing on a "possible" treatment! There is nothing I would do to raise money for this. I cant believe this.

I even thought that I would do it when I get worse.....But now....No way!

There is so much that can be done with other studies...But I cant help but think that there is so many people who gave the £14,000 in a hope that we can find a cure for this dambed hell that we have everyday! I feel let down and have lost hope in this. I can imagine what the lady in the show must be feeling.

The only good news I have had today is this research for Cancer. Click here to read! The scientists do work sometimes. The reason I show you that research is it may help with ms!
Please read this link too! Click here for details!
The second link shows details about a possible help for ms'ers!

I knew there was bad news coming. Didnt I say there was some bad news coming!!!!!
Hope you are well. I feel gutted!
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 10:08 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 5:31 am, Blogger Jaime said…

    Thanks for the information. I have been worried about my appointment with my neurologist on Friday because it seems I am out of options when it comes to treatments for MS. I think I will see if I can find out more about the trials going on for Rituxan and if maybe this would be something I can take (seeing how it also helps with B cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma...which is why I am not a candidate for Tysabri).

    In regards to stem cells...I just have to say that it is unfortunate what this company has done. I hope the FBI and other agencies can prosecute them as I believe from what I have seen working in the medical field that there is A LOT of good that can come from stem cells. Many illnesses will (and already are) benefit from stem cells...remember that woman in Canada? Her MS is in remission. I think it is something that needs more research and well worth it if done by a reputable doctor. It is just sick that this company has used stem cells from other sources (not human). I think that this is a rare case however, and unlikely to be something that would happen at a hosptial.

     
  • At 12:00 pm, Blogger personallog! said…

    Any Stem cells have to be released by a 'doctor' from storage. The stem cells were under storage through a company called ACT as my link suggests. They are using stem cells from research facilities. I think its wrong too and the possibility that we can get a cure here is being hindered by them. The unfortunate thing is this is not a single case as Jaime states above.

    Dave

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives