Friday, August 24, 2007
Confined to quarters.
Had an accident today which broke Clair(the wheelchair!). I have stairs to the entrance to my house. Three stone stairs, concrete to be honest. I was intimately introduced via gravity and Elvis. My knee's gave way after a trip to the shops. I don't think the heat helped today. Anyway...I got to the top of the three steps pushing Clair and my shopping and I got to the doorway. Balance ran away from me and I pulled Clair and all sundry on top of me. The following back flip should have been recorded for a Bruce Lee movie. With style and elegance I bounced like a beach ball filled with sand a pulled Clair to the ground with the hope that Clair could fly. Instead I pile dived Clair and broke the vertical bar to her seat. Shopping went flying and bounced down the drive way. Following my beer and food, I bounced shouting expletives as every limb bruised and scraped the four foot to the pavement. I am OK. Clair needs extensive surgery and will be away for a week.

It does mean I have to stay here and not leave the house till she returns(the dirty stop out bitch!). So I, like the title suggests, am confined to quarters. Shit!

Stay well,
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 5:15 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 12:35 pm, Blogger Synchronicity said…

    oh my...i am so sorry! that sounds painful. i do hope you will be able to get out soon.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives