Thursday, November 03, 2005
Driver Mobility search! Got to love the internet!
I have read over yesterdays update and I am thinking driving might be abit....well hard to do! I know I am loosing my balance and cant really keep my feet on the pedals. So how else could I drive?(failed the test due to control with acelerator!) Nearly had a tear(or two) When it struck me! There must be another way...there allways is! How about a mechanism to drive with hands only(yeah and on my head!lol)! Check the biggest libary in the world dave! The internet! How do other disabled drivers get about,what adaptions are available....and the most important,can you learn to drive in an adapted car?
Why not! I have to look into it! Dont I? Yeah ok I am admitting publicly that I have a disablity by driving a car with the stickers on it! But god damb it! I am walking with a stick and do I care what others think of me? Will I be safe and cause a danger to others? I would like to think I wouldnt harm anyone else ever! Getting some sort of mobility back must(sorry for this!) be a step in the right direction.
At first look through google, you get alot of sites for wheelchair drivers and how to get access into a car/van...must be another search...then BINGO!...found this beuty

I can do it! I can learn to drive! It will cost an arm and a leg to do so, but yeah I can do it!
About halfway down the page is this:'Melvyn’s story
42 year old Melvyn spent three years in the Royal Artillery before contracting Multiple Sclerosis. After a course of training with BSM Mobility instructor Jeff Mustard, Melvyn successfully passed his test. Through the Motability scheme he acquired his own car with adapted hand controls and steering knob.'

Lets get the Jump out the way first if I am 2 inches tall after it there wont be much point!hehe!(It would be so much easier if I could drive to the jump sight tho!)

Todays music has to be Biffy Clyro:My recovery injection
Hope you all are well
Dave

Excersise...in the nude no way(not a rude link)!
posted by personallog! @ 8:39 am  
3 Comments:
  • At 5:49 pm, Blogger Vix said…

    Go for it, babes!
    Then you can come visit me ;)

     
  • At 5:55 pm, Blogger personallog! said…

    I cant think of better motivation than that!hehe! Glad to know your ok and still fighting the fight! You go girl!
    Dave
    x

     
  • At 4:16 pm, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    Stay away from farmer-markets, eh? ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives