Monday, January 09, 2006
Where do I believe a cure is coming from? Or the tea pot theory!
I have just watched a program which has cleared my thoughts on a couple of things involving religon and this blasted disease and all other disease! The Root of all evil on channel 4 (uk) re-affirmed my belief in science. This may offend some people.....well everyone who has a belief in a religon...in any religon but I dont believe that there is a god who will cure the masses. I think we have to look toward science for the answers. If you think my faith has been rocked because of this disease I would say to you that religon has installed morals and a sence of right and wrong in society. When humans needed it but I think now that we have grown up(or we are growing up) as a race of humans we need to keep learning and go to the next step of curing the world of disease/povity and wrong in the world!

We are intellegent people like everyone else on earth and I think everyone has the right to live life. I am not saying I am going to change anything in my life as it is! I am not saying that people have to wear certain clothing to cover there women! I am not saying that we should raise millions of dollars (20 million dollars for a church is a bit much!)to create a church so we can pray. What I am saying is that we have got a disease and its terrible(2.3 million last count and its growing everyday!)! Its not as terrible as the cancer of religon(is responsible for more death than we can count!)!

Its not as terrible as the cancer of religon!

Then we go back to the....imagine that there is no disease! Imagine there is no hate in the world, no war no people die'ing for things we can change! Imagine just imagine! I will probley get all americans switching off from here on in and for that I am sorry because I have spoken to some amazing people and I hope your not too offended! Science comes high in my "beliefs"! The tea pot second!hehe!

I dont want to cause offence but thats what I believe! Please discuss I would love to hear your view point(that how a scientist goes)! Its probley internet suicide but I am not here to get fame, I want to raise awarness of the disease and hopefully my experience with it will help others with there own nightmare! Am I being realistic or am I bitter that the church has more money than the people who are looking for a cure?

Be well and please leave your view point! Thankyou!
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 9:11 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 3:25 pm, Blogger personallog! said…

    Thankyou for being brave enough to place a comment on here there are many who won't out of fear! hugs recieved and returned straight back at ya! hope your doing well too!

    Dave

     
  • At 5:25 pm, Blogger personallog! said…

    Cheers for the imput Bobbeh... I dont for 1 minute want to remove peoples faith....thats the last thing on my mind! I think faith is the only thing that gets me out of bed! I think my faith in religon has left me! I dont wish for the power to remove anyones belief or faith in anything....I think my view point on what I believed to be right has been changed and that all I want to point out! Its an opinion which I think everyone has the right to make on their own. I still dont agree with the avangelist church spending 30 million dollars on a church when there is people in the world who could do with it to feed or clothe themselves! your point right at the begining worries me...do you think that I think science is a religon? It isnt and I dont want to give the impression that I worship it either! I think everyone with disability like ms is intelegent enough to want a cure and they relise its not going to fall from the sky's! I just wanted to show that depression and the scary disease pattern that took place on this day had woken me up and I now know My faith in majic was wiped out on this day!
    Hope this clears some points up!
    Dave

     
  • At 9:37 pm, Blogger personallog! said…

    bobbeh if you are going to quote me do the full sentance please!
    'I still dont agree with the avangelist church spending 30 million dollars(this next bit is important to make the point) 'on a church' when there is people in the world who could do with it to feed or clothe themselves!'
    And I still feel that religon is a a cancer of the world but one of them science is also! Humans have done the damage to this world and I think we are indebt to this planet! Maybe I should have said "humans are the cancer to this planet" for the bigger picture to take effect! But if you ask me my belief or which I put my faith in I would say I believe in science. As to the hydrogen bomb...the nuclear bomb and any other format of weapon created by man to fight wars...just think to why we fight the wars!!!...in the name of the father the son and THE HOLY GHOST! May be 'Ali' choose the god its all the same! Has science or religon caused more deaths? I think you will find religon has caused more! I think science has been use to fight wars for religon. Maybe its just a human failing rather than a science or religon mistake. I do think science is the prefered way FOR ME! I think if humans use thier intellengence to carry on evolution instead of religon we might stand a chance of stepping up to the next level of evolution! I would think like this with or without ms! It would be nice if cures were found quickly tho!

     
  • At 10:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Firstly I'd like to say that science is NOT a religion. Its an attempt to understand how the world works. Secondly I think that there is a vast difference between faith and belief. If you choose to to believe in an invisible, unproven deity or indeed the teapot thats a personal matter (I don't believe in either of them my self). If we're going to use faith correctly then we should have faith in ourselves and faith in each other and yes have faith in science it is your only hope of a cure; all you'll get from religion is "pray for a miracle" or "he works in mysterious ways". I agree that science has killed a lot of people but it has not killed as many as religion has. People were killing each other over "holy" arguments long before there was a christian religion. Even buddhists have had holy wars. Any belief system that can be perverted into terrorism (and thats just about all of them I'm afraid) is a bad idea. Its the 21st century, its time we all grew up.

    Stay positive.

    Dad

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives