Friday, May 05, 2006
Where for art thou?
****VANILLA LAIN (Radiohead)****

But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the East, and Juliet is the sun!
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon
Who is already sick and pale with grief
That thou her maid art far more fair than she.
Be not her maid, since she is envious.
Her vestal livery is but sick and green,
And none but fools do wear it. Cast it off.
It is my lady! O, it is my love!
O, that she knew she were!
She speaks, yet she says nothing.
What of that? Her eye discourses; I will answer it.
I am too bold; 'tis not to me she speaks.
Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven
Having some business, do entreat her eyes
To twinkle in their spheres till they return. (6)
What if her eyes were there, they in her head?
The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars
As daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven
Would through the airy region stream so bright
That birds would sing and think it were not night.
See how she leans her cheek upon her hand!
O, that I were a glove upon that hand,
That I might touch that cheek!

Hmmmm shakey you devil you. I feel that I may visit again your tales of woe and doomed love....But not too soon eh!

Today is the day of the gig. I will let you know how it goes once I have had some sleep(its 12:30 the night before as I write this!)

****Update 11:31 am on day of gig! I have done some research on the support group to the Dresden Dolls. This is were it gets difficult:
1. DeVochKa: Russian feel band, sounds quiet funky with there guitars. Well I say Russian, they sound Russian as they have a few tracks in English and they have a certain meloncony about them. If you dont believe me click here! Oh...look at the tour dates! Band from the US have a listen! I guess its these guys!
2. The Devotchka's: Dark punk band with female lead singers, they sound angry and don't have one track that I have found, and listened to, that doesn't sound like its fresh out of the 70's punk period. They would feel quite at home supporting the Sex Pistols.
3.Devochka: Kinda down beat but have a vibe about them. Hard to explaine but worth a listen if you can find them.
This is just in case you didn't think that I did my research! I am going to have a great time!hehe!
Hope you are all well!
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 11:41 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives