Sunday, December 03, 2006
Oh thank Jeremiah 1:5
One of the greatest and troubling factors for stem cell research has always been the religious argument. We all know(or pretend to know) the bible as this has been a great source for getting 'closer to god' and is the foundation stone for the church.(This is were every reader is on the edge of there seat saying don't do it Dave!!!) Well...

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations" (Jeremiah 1:5).

"Based upon this understanding of God's participation in our creation and destiny, we believe that a fertilized egg and any subsequent development constitutes human life, and is to be regarded as sacred. Therefore, we oppose the harvesting of fertilized eggs for the purpose of stem cell research or experimentation. In a biblical worldview, no matter what it offers in the way of medical advances, it is still a matter of taking a life.

Another form of stem cell research, where a human fetus or embryo is not being jeopardized but cells are extracted from placenta and umbilical cords, does not conflict with the value of human life. It is, therefore, not in conflict with our convictions as Christians.
"

The Rev. Bob Coy is senior pastor of Calvary Chapel of Fort Lauderdale.



So now can they get on with testing already!!!! Being agnostic shows so much blessed relief and so much annoyance at times.

Anyway....I have spent sometime looking through other peoples blogs and have a pearl with my older brothers blog(local host) for two days worth of Korn...I feel alot more relaxed about moving back to St Annes knowing that I will still be able to get a compere who will be able to give me a dose of Korn. Never take live 'TO' seriouse eh!

If this upsets anyone...Please forgive me.
Sundays eh
Hope you are all well.
Dave

You can click anywhere on this post to see were I got this from!
posted by personallog! @ 12:49 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 2:42 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    AHHH. I've been to Calvary Chapel. My mother goes all the time. They're the ones who cleverly figured out god's plan for me. Since I'm more Buddhist than anything, I'm headed for fiery hell. Already strange, right? Well, the PLAN is for me to get MS, leading to the sort of desperation that would allow me to accept Jesus into my heart.

    Uh huh. So it's my fault and the Dali Lama is going to hell.

    Not that Pastor Coy said these things, but it is a very radical sort of church. The place is enormous...reminds me of a compound or something. Not to offend those that do believe in God, just that I was pretty offended that some people thought I brought this on myself somehow. >:-\

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives