Thursday, April 06, 2006
From one stressful situation to another....
I think I am being hard on myself but I know I have to change something about myself so it will benefit my life for the better. Let me explain....I think getting rid of smoking will be a massive benefit in recovery of relapse. I have tried before and felt benefit within days but went back to it. I went out this morning and bought my shopping for the week and included cigarettes and I feel rather ashamed of myself but I know I will feel comfort with smoking. I really want to knock it on the head but I need to set a date for a positive stop. I was going to stop on Tuesday but I don't think I set myself up properly. I have just moved house and needed some stress relief while sorting out the flat...ok I might be using this as an excuse but I need and want to stop. I have 80 ciggies on the side here and I WILL STOP after them. These will last me untill after the weekend but I think setting a date of Monday the 10th is an acheivable goal! I have been given telephone number for support from other peole in the same boat but I think I want to do this for me so self motivation is the key for giving up. All the paper work I have read have suggested nicotine replacement therapy is not truley giving up my depancy. So when I feel confortable I am going to give it up! I will do it! When you get so many people helping you with drugs....isnt it time that I help myself?

Right the news has reported the bird flu has struck the british shores and they just have to confirm the diagnosis before they compleatley lock down the area. At the moment they haven't confirmed that it is the dangerouse strane of the flu but it doent look promising!(hmm...I did say didnt I) They say it is not human effective....yet! But there is a danger of effecting animals that may attack or eat the birds like cats etc. then who knows? Worring but...

Good news on the Copaxone tho It might be more effextive than they thought, Click here!

My broadband is being instaled on friday morning so will be back fully by friday night. More music yey! I am looking forward to catching up with everyone and doing some reading too!

Hope you are all well.
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 11:06 am  
3 Comments:
  • At 2:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dave, good for you about deciding to quit the smokes. You'll feel better, things will taste better, and you'll smell a lot better. You could blog every time you want a smoke, but that could wear you out. Good luck.

     
  • At 2:36 pm, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    It would be rather cathartic to take those 80 cancer sticks and burn them in a bucket ... outside.

     
  • At 1:25 am, Blogger Jaime said…

    I think its something that you feel ashamed to even buy the cigarettes. That is a first step isn't it? I agree that you can't just substitute the cigarettes. It does you no good to try and quit unless you have made up your mind that you are ready. As someone who used to smoke, it was not until I was ready to quit that I was actually able to. Good for you. I am very proud of you. Mind over matter, it can be a powerful thing. Good Luck!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives