Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Don't take my care mechanism away!
I am so angry today I think I have to get on my soap box and shout to the hills again. I did have and thing setup at work that they would pay for a cab if I had to leave early due to pain in legs or back. Well they have have removed it... as over the last two days I have done a full days work. That was 3 hours ago.

I was feeling pain and requested to get a cab home to relax and give me enough energy for the rest of the week leading upto me moving house on Saturday. They told me that I should be saving the cab journeys for when its severe...FOR WHEN ITS SEVERE!!!! FFS!

So Dave being the hero I am, I decided to go for the walk home just to show the buisness that I cared about the end of year profits and the growth of a job that I honestly love. No matter the stress levels and the bad days I do love the job and the people who work there. Well you know what happened dont you....got half way down the final half mile to my house and just lost my balance and my leg strength compleatly...I had to crawl as I could not get up....this is a quarter mile by the way! 17 people asked to help me get up...they did...they left...When they had gone..I fell over again and stated the crawl, I crawled over a main road and ripped holes in my work pants Cutt both my knees open which started streaming with blood and I got 200 yards from my house and two women pulled up in a van and asked me if I needed help(you have to love these women!). They throw me in the back of the van and drove up the road to my house, I thanked them from the bottom of my hart with tears streaming down my cheeks and blood from my knees and they would only leave once they had opened the door to the frount of my house. God bless em! I didnt have the hart to ask for help to the top of the house! I made it an hour later and I was steaming with anger. I call work and explained the above story to my team manager with so much vigor she allmost cowered into the corner of the room!(mental image ofcourse!) And I told her I want a meeting with her, her team manager and HR as I want a support mechanism thats not going to be removed at the end of the tax year It was like someone had taken my stick away and kicked me square in the nuts! She sounded scared! So I said
"I know its not your fault and your only doing what your TM has requested but if I only get help when its SEVERE I will explaine how SEVERE ms is in this meeting at great volume!!! and maybe I will finaly get HELP"

I do have alot to thank them for but I do need help for the future if I/they want to continue with my employment. If they turn round and offer to retire me off then so be it I just want to have the knowledge of whats going to happen. This disease is unpredicable and I hope I can help with the job when others come down with it(1 more already!) If they want to support the disable in the work place they are going to give some lea way!(if anything they have too...its the law!) My goverment has a thing called 'access to work' and they have to support disabled people in the work place....I think I need to calm down about this....I am going to investagate further tho!

Sorry if its a long one but I only have access for 2 more days! I am taking tomorrow off and will be researching all day to protect myself and maybe help others out there in the same possition! The fight starts here. I think the music from yesterday is quite apt!

Hope your all ok!
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 3:40 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 5:29 pm, Blogger personallog! said…

    Cheers cutter! I hope this is the starting blog to changing that buisness abit!

    Dave

     
  • At 7:35 pm, Blogger Jaime said…

    I am so sorry this happened to you. Some people just don't get it. Tell them like it is! Good luck. I hope you find lots of information that will straighten them out.

     
  • At 5:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's just awful! I know what you're going through - my last job pretty much forced me to quit - even though I sent them a formal letter with all the parts of the ADA they were violating! You should subject them to this:

    http://multiplesclerosissucks.com/empathy.html

    Hopefully that gave you a laugh :)

    I've got all the respect in the world for you.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives