Sunday, April 09, 2006
Last weekend up in smoke!!!
****Rolling stones:Jumping Jack Flash
Drinking and smoking will never be the same...the strange thing is that every ciggerett I have smoked in this last weekend has tasted even worse than the last and I think its my head finaly working it out for its self. I am looking forward to the extra cash that will be in my pocket...I am looking forward to my new classy flat not smelling like death in the mornings.....The biggest thing is I am looking forward to the health benifits.

Within 20 minutes - Blood pressure and pulse rate return to normal, ciculation improves in hands and feet!!(Big bonus for me)
Within 8 hours - Oxygen levels in the bloodreturn to normal(Explans why you7 can breath first thing in the morning!)
Within 24 hours - Carbon Monoxide is eliminated from the body. The lungstart to clear out mucous and other debris
Within 48 hours Nicotine is no longer found in the body. Tasteand smellimproves.
Within 72 hours - Breathing becomme easier as the breathing tube relax. ENERGY LEVELS INCREASE.
Within 2-12 weeks - Circulation improves throughout the body,MAKING WALKING EASIER!!!
Within 3-9 Months - Breating problemssuch as cough, shortness of breath and wheezing improve. Overall, Lung function is increased by 5-10%
Within 5 years - Risk of heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker.
Within 10 Years - Risk of lung cancer falls to about half that of a smoker. Risk of hart attack falls to about the same as someone who has never smoked.

***The Above information has been taken fromthe 1990 US Surgeon General's report***


If thats isn't enough I dont know what is! 10 years to get back to what my healthy body should be! Ok ms permitting! We live and lean eh! I think I am ready!

Hope you are all well and smoke free!
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 12:26 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 2:48 pm, Blogger Jaime said…

    I am proud of you! I know it is not an easy thing to quit smoking, but in 21 days you will be good to go (or at least I read somewhere it takes 21 days to form a habbit good or bad) It was good to talk to you. I am glad you are back and doing well! Please take care of yourself. Jaime

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives