Monday, May 08, 2006
The after effects of pushing myself to hard....
Well its not attractive I will tell you that... I am not sleeping very well either. I need to get myself a new mattress as its hurting me. But as you know, when my body hurts I spend more time on the internet looking for things that will help me get through it....And answering emails. I got one from Kim(I had to wait for an email from another country before I found it on my door step)and she told me about a podcast in the UK. It amazing to hear an English podcast with so much vigor and absolutely no holds bard view point on disability. Please note the name of the site is "Ouch",very reminisant of Larry the Lesion catch phase!

Anyway here is the link!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/
they are on the second episode now but you can get each one from these links:

The first episode:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/podcast/podcast1.shtml#listen

The second:
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/ouch/podcast/ouch_podcast2_st.mp3

Please do give them a listen. I think you have to be confortable with disability to listen to it....But I think I have come to terms with being disabled myself....so much so I think I will give them a call after Kims challenge on the ms specific podcast....Ms podcast is over on the right>>>(I am sure you have all had a listen..Haven't you!!!!!)

Well I think I have some listening to do seeing as I am off work again after such a busy weekend.

Now I am tired!
Hope you are all well
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 9:23 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey you...Even if you're only putting on a brave face and hated every moment of it due to the pain factor, it was fucking worth it for the look on your face when 'War Pigs' came on...priceless...
    xxxxxx

     
  • At 8:18 pm, Blogger Jaime said…

    If you are having problems sleeping and waking up in pain, getting a new mattress might not be a bad idea (assuming yours is really old). I did that not to long ago and I can't begin to explain how much it has helped. Granted it did not fix all my problems, but it has helped me sleep better and not wake up in so much pain.

    I hope you are well. Take care.
    Jaime

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives