Thursday, May 25, 2006
Being off work is more work!
******MOVE BY YOURSELF (Donavon Frankenreiter)*****
Always open to new music! I think this is cool. I have recieved alot of post today and I have some major forms to fill in! This is going to be hard work!!!! The ms society has sent me a break down of what I can apply for....There is loads! Its going to be a nightmare doing it but I will be happy when its all done. Acording to the form I have just opened(ms Essentials) there are 9 bonus things!

Attendance Allowance(Pensions)
Carer's Allowance(Hmmm need a carer for that dont I?)
Council Tax Benifit
Disability Living Allowance (which I have at highest rate already!)
Housing Benifit
Incapacity Benifit
Income Support
Job seekers allowance(yeah right!)
Statutory sick pay(which my job have me on already!)
Working Tax credit(I have to read this one!)

These are going to be tough...but I am going to do it by myself!(thanks Donavon!hehe!)

Its going to be hard! I will let you know!

Hope you are all well!

P.S is there healing quailities in Tea?(Calm down baby, have a cup of tea!)
posted by personallog! @ 10:43 am  
  • At 12:41 pm, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    A carer's allowance ... hmmmm, could that be a spouse? This seems a bit more rich than the SS we have here in america ... I don't know yet though ... still working to date.

  • At 12:47 pm, Blogger personallog! said…

    I think its supposed to be for a spouse but I have read that I can claim it for me if I don't have to pay for care. I would hate to think that I would have to pay for a girl friend or wife!lol! Or is that a benifit???


  • At 5:26 pm, Blogger Jaime said…

    I would think it would be similar to what we get here in the US for our spouse and/or children. For example, I get to claim my son on my SSDI and get an extra amount of money each month added to my SSDI payment to help support him. Is it similar to that? A payment to them since they are helping to take care of you...helps them to pay their bills?

    Looks like you have your work cut out for you. It can be overwhelming. It sounds like no matter where we are in the world, it just is not an easy feat. Good luck! Sounds like there are good resources available to you at the MS Society though. Maybe someone there can help you with filling out the forms if you have questions???

    Interesting article about Green Tea! I drink the de-caffinated Green Tea and the herbal teas.

    I hope you are well. Take care.


  • At 10:10 pm, Blogger personallog! said…

    What does th I stand for...I think I have worked out the rest:
    Social Security Disability I....



  • At 11:41 pm, Blogger Jaime said…

    Insurance. You got the rest of it correct. It pays benefits to people who worked long enough and paid Social Security taxes. If they did not work they can apply for SSI (Supplemental Security Income) which is based on financial need. They are both through the Social Security office only SSDI does not get medical where SSI does. Go figure. I still don't understand that. :) So, there you have it...your US government lesson for the day.

    I hope things go well for you and you get all of the benefits you need for your retirement (disability...whatever you all call it there in the UK). I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. As always you are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with it!


Post a comment
<< Home
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Other Interests
Previous Post