Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Day of doing the same!
">Have a read of this! Typical story from a ms'er in scotland. I think he has some valid points and it also shows how many people have ms in Scotland.(the highest concetration of ms'ers world wide!)Tell me what you think.

Difficult day today. I have recieved my most recent pay check and I have had so much time off they have pu me on to sickness pay.(SAP) which works out less than half my normal pay.....So I am being forced into retirment unless I return to work. Having less money I jumped into action(as much as I can!hehe!). I called the Benifits line and asked for advice!
They advised I should look into these:
Income Support
Housing benefit
Disability Living Allowance(DLA)(which I already have!)
Council tax benifit.(this pays for it! I have to remember the single persons cap!)

Look, I am not going to be loaded dont get me wrong! These services are available for anyone in the UK who is in the same boat. Not just a fellow ms'ers. I have found that a few of these benifits are linked and it is hard to get any one department to commit without some probing. There is people to help and dont be affraid to ask as its there job. I did find out that most of there work was sorting out people like myself who go in without asking! I do have some things to do to get more info for any UK ms'ers out there. To be honest I am looking for help so if your UK based please do say!!!!!! I can supply what telephone numbers here if it will help....just need someone to say!

I will leave U2 on here for a couple of days! With or without you seems quite apt!

I am asking for medical retirement today! It sucks! WTF!
***Just had the interview....No money no study! Hmm getting the feeling I am not going to get anything for free anymore! Sort of temped to go back to work and star to look after my money a bit better!*****(What a surprize.)
Hope your all well

Dave
posted by personallog! @ 7:36 am  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:27 am, Blogger Jaime said…

    Dave,

    I am sorry things have been rough lately. Keep your chin up! It is never easy going through all of the steps of disability leave/retirement and it can be overwhelming. It sounds like you have some good resources.

    I wish there were something I could do to help. Please know that you are in my thoughts. Please take care of yourself.

    Jaime

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives