Thursday, May 11, 2006
Here comes the sun!!

Its getting warmer and I think the jump is looking more likley.....oh sh*t! I going to have to do it arnt I! I think its quite insane now. My legs are walking me to do something nasty anyway. Now they are going to jump me out of a plane!!!!!

There is part of me that is realy excited but the other part of me is dredding it. I am doing it for everyone out there that has this HELL of a disease. Its just one person sticking his fingers up at it. We dont need this disease!

****Editors******
I haven't put a picture up here for a bit....I will update with a view from my window today. My ms nurse is going to be here in a bit. I am going to ask her for help in getting me retired off.... yes you read right! I havent been at work for such a long time and I just want to finish it. Excercise is keeping me happy, well its stopping the depression anyway. But there is more to life than this! There has to be! Does that mean I am giving up? Hell no!

Hope you are all well!
Dave

Take a look at this guy! Manchester based and he has done the stem cell treatment to no effect. Great read and I hope he finds something to make him feel better soon! Keep your chin up Steve!
"The theme of my life just now is survival Just get through the day. It's a challenge. Physically: to function within the parameters set by the disease. Mentally: not to be controlled by anger, blame, bitterness and fear. Not to capitulate to victim mentality and catastrophizing. The challenge is to still love being alive and being myself in spite of what’s happened to me. To be in the moment. To let go of my (dead as disco) dreams and aspirations. And to trust I have the courage and strength to deal with whatever comes my way."
Steve Murphy
Stem Cell Pioneer 2006.
posted by personallog! @ 7:28 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 5:50 am, Blogger Jaime said…

    Dave~
    I hope things go your way this time and you get to jump! I wish I could be there with you, I am not sure I could bring myself to jump out of a plane, but it is something I have always said I would love to do. Good luck!

    I think what Amanda said is very interesting! These are emotions that each person holds within themself and I think that is very correct. It is kind of like the whole is your cup half full or half empty thing? It is all about how you choose to look at your life. Of course nothing is easy, especially with this illness, and we have every right to have these emotions (sorrow, anger, saddness, etc.), we even need to get them out at times, but we should not allow them to define who we are or take over our lives. :)

    Cheers to you Amanda! And, to you too Dave for doing something good for the MS Society and for making the decision that although you are at a crossroads you are going to continue to fight! Hang in there. I know things can be difficult, but you do have family and friends who are there for you and love you. Plus, all of us here who will support you from afar!

    Take care.
    Jaime

     
  • At 3:45 pm, Blogger pocketpunk said…

    its the FINAL COUNTDOWN..de ne ne nerrrrrrrrrr

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives