Monday, September 25, 2006
I ROCK!!!!!
****Al Green:Take me higher****
Armed with Claire my wheelchair, I went to the shop and got in a large shop!!! I didn't think I could ever do it but now I have I think I was worried about nothing. I got the bus.....For free!!!! There and back. I went on my own and people paid attention to me. No one person asked what was wrong with me! I think I have found the power of having a wheelchair. I was told "your so brave" once but I just laughed and replied "What me!". It was an amazing experience. To see the general public and there reactions to me was fantastic. Lets have the break down:

Getting across the street to the bus stop was....Interesting! I just took my time and waited for gap in the traffic(which was fine as I was sat down!) and crossed without causing a accident. I waited at the bus stop with a very cute young lady(who had a lovley bottom!) who helped the bus driver raise the frount wheels on Claire and get me on the bus. They pushed me to the disabled space and helpped me apply the brakes. I put my hand towards my pocket but the bus driver had already left to go back to the cabin to drive.

I pressed the button to stop the bus and was helped of at my stop by another young lady...She helped push my chair up the short incline to the enterance to the shopping centre. I didn't ask her and didnt relise she was pushing untill she started to talk when I stopped pushing myself. She said "Are you ok from here?" I said "yes thanks" and she went about her her own shopping. I love the ground in there..Its so flat and easy to used with the new centre of gravity.

I went to a news agent and bought a lighter and ciggeretts. I went to the freezer shop and bought food for the rest of the month by getting a basket and resting it on my lap...Mental note to everyone:Dont put freezer food on the bottom of any bag which you carry on your crotch(Frozen nuts and all!lol)

When I paid they asked me if I would like it delivered as I had spent over 25 pounds. I added chocholate and said yes. The journey back was exactly the same but with different cuties at the bus stop.
I dont know what I was worried about at all. I guess getting up ealier in the morning does work. My next step is the pub on my own! I need money for that tho!hehe

Good mood today and I am so proud of myself. I have to thank Michelle(Alaska) for her quote on her blog that reminded me to 'do it anyway!'. Thankyou your a star!
Is there anymore?
Hope you are all well!
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 12:10 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 4:31 pm, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    The journey back was exactly the same but with different cuties at the bus stop.

    A wheel-chair as a chick magnet. Who would have guessed! ;)

     
  • At 7:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Having nice bums in your line of vision is a wheelchair perk that I never would have thought of! This was a funny post. I almost sprayed juice out of my nose and concerned some coworkers. Glad to read that you are well, you sexy devil on wheels.

    Steph

     
  • At 12:07 am, Blogger Jaime said…

    I am so glad that things went well for you! We all knew you could do it. :) I am glad to hear that now you have the confindence with Claire to get out and get on with your life.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives