Friday, September 22, 2006
Post today.
Recieved a letter from the hospital with regards to my visit to see my neuro...it says this:
*********************************
I reviewed this gentleman in the ms clinic.

He feels that his walking has gradually deteriorated in the last twelve months. There have been no episodes suggestive of relapse. He has some aches and pains in his limbs but no dramatic new symptoms.

He is waiting to see the Phsiotherapist and I am sure this is a good idea.

In clinic today he compleated a timed 25 metre walk in 25 seconds without assistance or aid and went on to walk a total of 50 metres before he had to stop and rest. Ordinarily he uses a wheelchair to mobilize or walks short distances with one stick.

Opinion
It seems clear that there has been a gradual deterioration in his walking and balance. We have agreed that the right thing to do now is to stop the Copaxone. At present, there is not an alternative disease modifying treatment that will be likely to be benificial to him and I have explained this to him today.
I dont think there is anything else specific that will be helpful at the moment but I have arranged review for twelve months time.

Your sincerely


Dr J P Mottershead
Consultant Neurologist

**************************************

Wierd eh! The cry of 'We dont know what to now!' rings through the halls. I view this as a great letter. From a person that has ms....I think it shows that hospitals dont have a cure yet. Which is what they tell you at the begining. BECAUSE THEY DON'T YET!

I am happy that they have got me to a level why I dont need to jab myself every morning and fill myself with drugs. There are a lot of people out there who want to get a better form of life to what they have..... I am still in line with the rest of humanity. its just that our line just moves slower than everyone elses and we are trying to jump back in thier line. The search for a cure moves on still!

Oh second letter was from work to say that they are going to increase the money I recieve following medical review. Well...I still have ms and if I find a way where I can return to work I will. But am I still ill....YES!!!!

Hope you are all well.
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 12:04 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 4:36 pm, Blogger Jaime said…

    Congrats on the increase in money...that is always a nice thing to find out!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives