Friday, September 08, 2006
I think I have found the ms wall....
After an update I did two days ago about "something to think about" I received an email from the lovely (Seth&Kami welcome!)couple saying this:
********
Hi Dave.

I just thought I would email you to let you know that your "Something to think about. Down size your troubles" blog really made my day. It's very easy to get wrapped up in issues you think are bigger than life, but in actuality are one tiny crumb in this huge universe!

I don't read blogs, but I found yours one day searching the internet about MS and found an entry very interesting so I bookmarked you. I was going through my bookmarks and thought I'd check you out today. What a perfect day to do so! I was diagnosed with MS 2 days before my honeymoon almost 2 years ago now.

I hope your day has been uplifted.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Kami

***************************
This got me thinking of what impressions I am giving to the rest of the world. How do people perceive me and how I am dealing with everyday life with ms? Maybe I am thinking too deep into this but....Now I am worried. I do try to give a positive out look on my life,who doesn't? But I don't want to hide behind the curtain of false, positivity. I am very happy that Kami got in touch and it was the highlight of my day to know that I made a difference to someone else's life. Every comment I recieve is a highlight! But I do hide.

I am very worried. Ms scares the living crap out of me. I do struggle and I do need help like everyone else with basic tasks and needs. Ms is hitting me hard and I don't want to give a false impression to people who look at my blog with a hope that I am going to find a cure or have a better way of living. I am thick in the middle of this shit with you. But I do love life and I am holding on till the very end. Hopefully you understand where I am coming from here. I have nothing to hide with my blog...Well maybe but.... I think you should know that I am human, I do make mistakes, I don't have the answers for you................Yet!

If I want to do anything with my blog its to leave an honest impression of what ms 'can' do to someone's life......Then maybe....Just maybe....It will help you come to terms with your own experiences with ms. Whether your a partner, a parent, a brother, a sister or a friend to someone with ms or you have ms yourself my blog is to show you.....WE ARE STILL HERE! We are human with feelings like anyone else so don't ignore us, don't be scared of us! We are still the same people we were. We just need your love and care more. We are the wounded with an invisible ailment.

We can only get through this with your help. But ask if we need it first!

Right I'll get of my high horse now! sorry for the break in normal service. There will be more rock to follow.Hahaha!

Just had a text message from my brother and his wife they are in New York!!! I wish I was there too! Come home safe you too!
I do hope you are all well.
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 1:40 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 12:07 am, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    Sweet!

     
  • At 2:26 am, Blogger Jaime said…

    I think I know you pretty well now, lol, and you have nothing to worry about in regards to your blog. You tell it like you are feeling it (or thinking it). This is for you first and it is a great bonus that all of us benefit from it. You have good days and bad days just like everyone else and I think you do a good job of portraying that.

     
  • At 3:00 pm, Blogger personallog! said…

    I will meet you in person one day Camile and Jaime. Thankyou for your support! And I would not be here without any of you. Thanks guys!

    Dave

     
  • At 2:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I usually get accused of making light of my situation, but what else can you do? MS scares the bejesus out of me! And it is hilarious when I walk into a wall (at least I think so...no, officer, really, I'm not drunk). Keep on doing what you're doing. :-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives