Monday, May 29, 2006
Concentric circles!!!!!
Well I am here again and looking for internet cures to this hell....I cant find any and I am getting slowley demotivated by the constant reminder that I am not looking for someone to blame. I find good sides and bad sides to research and I know I have to get used to the fact that I still have this disease. As soon as I work it out....then what then? Do I get on with my life and be happy with the fact that it not going to get much better? I have to relise,its what I do now that makes my life something to remeber. To be remebered for who I was and make people proud to have known me. Thats what makes the difference isn't it? Continue to live life to the full and enjoy every second of this god given exisantace. No matter what! I am tired of helping people relise there own existance. Relise that they are here for a reason even though I cant do it myself. I want the oppertunity to start it again and give it my best shot with an able body. Would I do any of it again differently? Yes I would! Am I happy now with what I have now.....Yes I am! Isn't that the point? Be happy to be alive and not abuse the fact. Its getting harder though. Fight the good fight Dave.

I found this report through the boston press about canibis and how it could be working better as a medical therapy! Click this link! Its the best report I can pull up, but it is the best repot I have ever read about using canabis for people who have ms!

Best quote form this report:
"Under these circumstances, evidence in support of medical marijuana tends to materialize as a byproduct, not a primary goal, of official research. For example, Donald Tashkin of UCLA intended to demonstrate via a NIDA-supported study that marijuana smoke increases the risk of lung and upper-airways cancer. But the findings of the study, announced this past week, indicate that heavy marijuana smokers actually show lower cancer rates than tobacco smokers, indirectly supporting claims by medical-marijuana proponents for the tumor-inhibiting properties of cannabinoids."

What could they do if they researched for medical use as a primary investagation?

Anyway have some of this:
******ON AN ISLAND (David Gilmour****
Sorry its a long one!
Hope you are all well!
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 10:43 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:59 pm, Blogger Jaime said…

    Dave,
    Have you seen your neuro lately? I am sure he/she can help answer some of your questions. Unfortunately with this illness not everything has an answer yet...but maybe your neuro will have information about up and coming research that is not yet available online??? Also...if things are not going well for you right now (in regards to the ms symptoms, I know you are giving it your all to fight!) then he/she may be able to provide you with some alternative treatment options (i.e. steroids, different meds, etc.). Maybe there is a clical trial you can get in on!

    "I have to relise,its what I do now that makes my life something to remeber. To be remebered for who I was and make people proud to have known me."

    Dave...the people around you will be very proud to have known you when that day comes...but that day is far away...don't give up just yet! You still have a lot of life to live. As you said..Continue to live life to the full and enjoy every second...that is important.

    We all know how depression can sneak up on us at any moment with this illness. There are a lot of options available to help in this area also. I am not sure what will be best for you...this is something you could talk to your neuro about. The blog is of course one way to help! We all support each other here and we all love you, but we can't be there for you physically. Support groups are another way, counseling is a great option to work on one on one with someone for the deep stuff. You can always include people as you want.

    You made a comment that you are tired of helping people relise their own existance...sometimes it is in helping others that you help yourself...and sometimes helping others is taking on too much (especially when your plate is already full). This is where something like counseling may help. Sounds like you need some time to focus on YOU right now. Go for it! You deserve it. Everyone deserves to take a time out from time to time.

    I am sorry that you are having such a difficult time right now! It is the constant struggle, isn't it? I wish you the best! Just remember that whenever you need me I am around. You have a great network of people here to rely on...people who care about you! And, of course..you always have your family and your doctors. Take care!

    Jaime
    xx

     
  • At 2:01 pm, Blogger personallog! said…

    Awwww bless ya baby!

    Dave

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives