Thursday, October 19, 2006
Gillian March RIP
Mrs March had attempted to take her own life on two previous occasions. She suffered from.....Wait for it............ms! Click here for full info!

The thing is....How could you ask someone to kill you? Having someone that close to you like a husband or wife,sibling or partener to do that to you? It makes me shudder when I read that her husband got of with it. Shows a great example doesn't it. Mercy killing,euthanasia.....Plain horrific!I am sorry Gillian may you rest now and I hope there is something good comes out of it.....I just hope it doesnt give newly diagnosed a bad view of whats to come. I know there will be people out there who would gladly get rid of me(my ex for one!) but I hope there are more people out there who will look for a cure with more urgency.

Its not the only way out. She would have done better to speak to people and spread awarness of this disease...Tell somone today if you are even thinking about it.....Your not in pain by yourself... Talk to me if you have no one else. I would hate to be your last resort but I will listen and not judge. There are groups through the ms society who are trained to be there for you too. Don't let them discover a cure 1 week after you leave.....Please speak to somone...
Ms Help line UK



MSRC 24 hour helpline UK
0800 783 0518

Relate
Relate offers advice, relationship Counselling, sex therapy, workshops, mediation, consultations and support face-to-face, by phone and through their website.
Relate Central Office
Herbert Gray College
Little Church Street
RUGBY
Warwickshire
CV21 3AP
0845 130 4010
enquiries@relate.org.uk
http://www.relate.org.uk

DIAL
UK network of disability information and advice services run by people with direct experience of disability.
(01302) 310 123
Samaritans
08457 909090


All UK numbers...Just in case I need them!

RIP Gillian March
posted by personallog! @ 11:52 pm  
5 Comments:
  • At 1:38 am, Blogger Jaime said…

    All I can say is this pisses me off! Her husband should have been supporting her and trying to help her, not agreeing to kill her. I understand she was depressed but there is help available and he seriously failed her. It amazes me that he is getting away with this, and for what so that he can find another spouse before he gets too old. That is a bunch of BS.

    Okay...so now that I have gotten pissy about this, everyone needs to know that there is a great network of people out here on the internet to help out and offer support not to mention all of the help and information available through organizations like the MSAA, NMSS, etc. MS does not have to be a death sentence....we still have A LOT of life to live.

     
  • At 11:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    remember ...this was Gillians life and her final wish. Lets not slander this mans name as he had to sit there and watch and assist his wife die. I think he is a brave man and it is difficult for anyone to judge him until they are actually faced with having to make such a decision

     
  • At 12:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fear is the mind killer.

     
  • At 4:49 pm, Blogger Jaime said…

    Although I would agree it would be difficult to face the idea that your loved one no longer wants to live, but there is nothing brave about it. People who commit suicide are depressed and not in their right mind to begin with. If they have the help they need to get better than these things can be prevented. It was his responsibility as her husband to make sure she got help for her depression and with two previous attempts there is no excuse for him not trying harder to make sure she would be okay. Talk about difficult decisions..she could have been put into a hospital setting until her depression was under control. That would have been a difficult decision, yes, but one that could have saved her life. No one has the right to choose when we will die, that is just NOT okay!

     
  • At 5:17 pm, Blogger personallog! said…

    This is the third time I have type this out as blogger is having problems acceptinhg the update from my pc....

    I am going to say this once more.

    Annon: We face this every day and we are still here. I am a 30 year old man with a disablement that should be for a 90 year old... and I am still here. I belive that I can teach people to understand whats happening to me by righting this blog. I am in pain, my chances of having a family are greatly reduced after having chemo. I am a finacial drain on the government I will be a strain on my family and friends. My study will not cure cancer. I will never fit into the nulcear family equation....Society will look down on me from now on and I will be classed as shit on societies shoe for the rest of my life....So am I facing it??? Your fucking right I am facing it! Everyone who come's here to read my blog has this and we are still here!

    Let me pait you a picture of what happens to the human body when you wrap a bag around the head and tie it like Mr March did.

    Your face goes blue
    blood vessels in your skin pop around your eyes and ears bleed.
    Your body relaxes and vacates your bowl and bladder.
    Your family will never live there life without thinking about you and how you died. Mr Marsh will have to live with what he has done.

    I am sorry for his loss but dont expect me to forget what he has done. Brave NO! How brave do you have to be to kill someone who cant do it herself? I think being a fellow ms'er and one of the afflicted I can say that!

    Dave

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives