Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Happy, happy, joy, joy, happy, happy, joy, joy!!!
Have you every seen a disabled man dance before? I got a really late night last night. I was only playing Xbox and got carried away with it. I wasn't in pain and it was great to get some enjoyment out of not being able to sleep. This morning has gone like this:

9:00 Got woke up by a call from my physio saying she can't make it this morning as she is sick!

9:30 Went back to bed

10:00 Turned over and turned my mobile off as reminders kept waking me.

12:00 received a knocking on my door by a very persistent person, I got up, pulled on my pants and went to the window to check who it was. It turned out to be the well fair officer who came about the council tax benefit form. He had some really good news for me with regard to the form being passed and my rent getting paid from now on!!!! I asked about back dating it to April, he said they are happy to do it from May. I shook his hand and smiled. He then told me about how much that would be. I nearly cried and shook his hand again(I didn't cry because I am a man!!!), I thanked him for all his help. He then tells me that I should apply for Incapacity benefit as it works out that I am being paid by an insurance policy(long story there!) and ms falls under a level of disability with having a wheelchair. I am never going to be a millionaire or anything but I will have more than 40 pound a week to live on.(that's what I have been scraping by on.) The money I will be getting will be a great relief to my bank account and will help with a few bills that have been mounting up.

Paying my rent will have to be the first port of call....Oh that's all of it gone! I was going to say 'Easy come Easy go!' but it wasn't easy come and its taken me 6 months to get it! I am so happy that its done now. Its one mission that I wanted to have completed before I return to St Annes. Its done!!!!Yea! If I do incapacity benefit before I get back there that will relieve so much stress from everyone in the family.(finacial/emotional should it be needed) It feels like I am packing EVERYTHING up before I go to coffin dodger city and it has given me a sense that its going to be ok. You have to celebrate these things don't you? Jen is coming tonight so may just do that. Might just go back to bed first tho!hehe.

Happy days!
Hope you are all well
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 11:27 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CHAIR DANCE! The safest way for Perma-Crip celebration. :)

     
  • At 1:11 am, Blogger Jaime said…

    I am so happy for you! I am dancing right along with you! lol This is great news and you deserve to celebrate.

    Bad news on the Harry & David though....they won't ship overseas. Hmm...we will have to figure something out!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives