Friday, October 06, 2006
Research is giving me something to do and I love the buzz!
I am not exactly breaking records or making research better by any means but understanding why the doctors are looking into certain area's is making me more interested. Its the "Oh that's why!" factor that is getting me more involed in the whole ms pathway. Its good to educate yourself with what's happening to your body and makes me think that certain practices that I do are going to change. I am not talking changes in music tastes or anything. I just think that diet and smoking will change soon and quickly. Understanding how small we are with the universe is making the idea of looking at cells in the body very easy to do.

Using the imagination is very tiring tho for someone who is as dumb as me. Its good to use the brain in every possible way and not just thinking about the day to day running and being all depressed because I cant tie my shoe laces. There is more pressing things on my mind at the moment and I dont think I can handle this guy coming round to 'fill in a form' for me. I really don't have time for it. Its going to be good to get it out of the way and will be a great release of stress if they start paying me money with it. I am going up to my parents this weekend but I want to get back soon so I can get on with my/our research. I havent had anyone add a note to my other blog yet but I am doing it for me so I understand those emails from google about ms research a bit better. I hope to help others with there understanding also.

I hope you are all well
Dave

*****Update: Just had the well fair officer round(he was well fair!), What a decent bloke! Filled in form for me. I gave him a coffee. He crashed the ciggies and he left after telling me he had told incapcity benifit to send me an application form....so it could be a case that I will get more money than I thought(fingers crossed!), I just hope that I will get something without asking for more information! Tool : Jambi
posted by personallog! @ 12:04 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 7:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there Dave,

    I don't doubt that diet plays a role in MS, but when I had my first attack I was vegan and I didn't eat wheat, so I dunno. I don't want to stop eating icecream. Anyway, I haven't made it to your blog in a bit (before yesterday) and your brother's post totally fooled me (until I scrolled down) when I was catching up. I was thinking "wow, I never really thought Dave might be gay. I wonder what his girlfriend thinks about this . . .haha. But homophobia sucks, so I hope you weren't too offended by your brother's joke. Also, you are not stupid. You are an intelligent, creative person. Also, you should email me your home address and I will send you some Canadian chocolate. We are pretty much dominated by American candy, but we still have some good stuff. We also have lots of British sweet shops in Victoria, and yeah, English candy kicks American candy's ass.

     
  • At 6:13 pm, Blogger Jaime said…

    Okay...I just saw a shop the other day that imports British foods and other items. Please give me a recommendation so I can check out this candy everyone is talking about! lol

    I have to agree with Steph...you are not dumb. Don't sell yourself short. I think it is great that you are doing some research for yourself. I am sure that diet and exercise both have benefits to MS, although I am not so convinced that it is what causes MS. It may contribute but we all know there are many factors, environmental, maybe genetic, maybe a virus...this is part of why it is so hard to find a cure and treat. The important thing is to find something that works for you as we all respond just a bit different based on our own body. :)

    Have fun at your parents. I am glad you are getting some time to be with your family. Please take care of yourself. I hope you are well.

    Love ya,
    Jaime

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives