Monday, November 12, 2007
Two weeks left in Manchester.
Jen seems to be coping with the stresses of moving house with the greatest of ease. I am very thankful for it as privately I think I am the one with a stress issue. We get one problem, I worry and act as I have a problem and Jen sorts it with a smile and a well thought solution. The same goes in reverse but less frequently. We make a great team and I love her very much.

I have the housing agency coming round this afternoon to show our flat to new perspective tenants. She escapes the horror by going to work and I am jealous. As if it's not bad enough not being able to get up and let them in we still haven't packed. The flat is clean and tidy but I am slightly embarrassed at the fact we haven't anything packed at all. Its still our house after all! It doesn't look like we are leaving and won't give good impression. Well.... Would you move into a house with people you don't know already living there? See.... I stress and Jen would be able to deal with this if she was here. The bit's I do well at are the small things. I will have a fresh pot of coffee on this afternoon so the flat smells like a coffee shop when people come to view. It makes people feel welcome and they can see themselves living here. Yes I am doing the estate agents job but I think it will smell nicer than a smokey den than I usually live in.

Do you have to give good impression to people who you will never meet again? It's common courtesy after all.... How very English of me!

When we move we won't have Internet access for over 2 months so my updates will stop for some time. I can't wait to unpack in St Annes. It will be a true retirement for me. Peace and quiet. Fresh air, love and happiness.... I won't know what to do with myself. Still got a few things to do here before I go and I can't wait. I will be updating before we go but as you may understand we are going to be busy so they will be few and far between..... I'll be back.

Stay well,
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 7:34 am  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Dave:

    I love the smell of coffee and yes, it does add a nice homey feeling to prospective tenants.

    Good luck with the move; don't overdo. I look forward to your blogging when you can.

    Anne

     
  • At 7:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    2 months!? Get out! Why is that? Seems like a ridiculous amount of waiting time for a hook up? So glad to hear that you have a supportive partner that's helping you stay grounded through this move.

     
  • At 10:56 pm, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    Heh ... moving is always been known to be a major life changing factor ... causes an increase in your chances for illness ... take it easy.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives