Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Just a regular day...
I have noticed the amount of daily viewing I do on the medical news that is on TV. Something that has been on this morning in the UK. The ethical society has given the 'thumbs up' for the first facial transplant and I am amazed with how much the medical field has progressed and what avenues they are taking. There is ground breaking stuff going on all the time and I think I will see a lot in my life time. I am not saying that it shows promise for the ms community(as I don't need a new ugly mug but it shows what they can do!) but just look at what they have done with modern medical science so far. I don't think that a cure is far down the line even though I am going through my own personal hell with this disease.

I keep asking myself if the glass is half full or half empty. To be honest I think I am a 'half full' type of guy and I am optimistic when it comes to the medical field. I strongly believe that I wouldn't be here today without them. For the first time in months I have picked a book up and have got through two chapters without falling asleep and its a fiction book too! Without fail by Lee Child. Its fantastic to loose myself in the book and its refreshing to know that this is 'better' than I used to be. I think the medical field helped me get here and I am thankful..

I still think that I could be better but to be honest I think I didn't appreciate my life before I got the bad news of ms. I do find myself making changes with every aspect of daily life. Like the other day...When it all kicked off with my neighbors and the young lady came round in massive distress. I would have taken advantage her and lavshed in the attention...In the past even with having a partner. But now! There is no way I would cheat on Jen even tho I know she is leaving me later in the year. Maybe I am just feeling the 'getting older' thing but I am appreciating life now, under different rules now but I like it! I don't want to ruin the good things in my life and I love Jen regardless of what else happens. I think having this second chance is ode to the medical field and I think I owe to them to live my life in the best way that I can.

Hmmm. Sorry but this my diary.

Hope you are all well
Dave
posted by personallog! @ 10:17 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I keep asking myself if the glass is half full or half empty. "

    When we live in an age of milk-and-honey, it's hard to imagine having to drink water. We sure have it pretty good. :)

     
  • At 12:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://blog.wired.com/biotech/2006/10/brits_will_go_f.html

    You beat Wired to the news :-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ms....not just a diary
About Me

Name: personallog!
Home: St. Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom
About Me:
I am 6ft 3" skinny and not well. I was diagnosed with ms in 2004 and I would like to speak with others who have ms. I have a want to raise money for ms charities. We have to find a cure for this hell!!!! See my complete profile

More of ME
ms/disabilty reads
Family
Other Interests
Previous Post
Archives